Tuesday, March 17, 2020

postponing my thru hike of the Appalachian Trail

Given the current situation in the USA and the many things I need to do to readjust/resettle after the Peace Corps, I am postponing my thru hike of the Appalachian Trail for another year. I still plan to section hike part of the trail this year sometime between early May to late August. It may be anywhere from 100 miles in North Carolina to 1000+ miles from Georgia to Harper's Ferry, West Virginia - the midpoint of the trail. Current update: I am still in Ethiopia and have a flight for Thursday night. I should arrive back in the USA on Friday. If you haven't heard - all Peace Corps Volunteers are being evacuated. It's a sad, stressful and confusing time for us - as it is for so many throughout the world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment